Contract Type: Locum
Location: Various (United Kingdom)
At Prostandard UK, we are committed to the to our clientele – connecting healthcare organisations with competent professionals and opening new doors for our candidates. We are currently providing opportunities for locum, temporary and permanent positions in NHS Trusts, PCTs, local authorities, GP surgeries and the private sector.
About the Role
We are looking for experienced GPs that are available for locum roles around the United Kingdom. Registered Doctors with availability are encouraged to apply.
We ensure that all of our candidates are paid at a competitive rate and offer training opportunities for those who want to build on other work-based skills. Registering with us could not be easier and once you are registered you will have exclusive access to our network of clients for up to 3 years, along with a dedicated consultant that will forward you opportunities suitable to your employment profile. If you are interested in this particular role or in finding out how we can help you to exceed your career expectations, contact us now on 07915904055, or email us at email@example.com.
• Respond to patients’ medical/health problems by referring to their history and carrying out diagnosis, investigation, treatment, and referral as appropriate
• Maintain confidentiality and impartiality
• liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals
• promote health education in conjunction with other health professionals
• organise preventative medical programmes for individual patients
• provide specialist clinics for specific conditions or for certain groups, e.g., diabetes, smoking cessation, and new babies
• meet targets set by the government for specific treatments, such as child immunisations
• discuss the development of new pharmaceutical products with pharmaceutical sales representatives
• carry out a range of administrative work, including signing repeat prescriptions, death certificates and fitness for work statements, as well as preparing letters and reports
• attend staff meetings
• keep up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments, and medications, including complementary medicine
• observe and assess the work of trainee GPs and medical students and teach at medical schools or hospitals.
• Must be GMC registered
• In GP Surgery or Hospital settings; 3 years (preferred)
Perks / Benefits:
• Work within your schedule and commuting preferences only
• Get access to both Temporary and Permanent posts
• Support for our team who will be seeking suitable opportunities on your behalf.
We are currently recruiting:
- Greater Manchester
- North East Essex
- Isle of Sheppey