Job Type(s): Full-time, Part-time, Locum
Salary: Competitive (based on experience)
About The Role
We are currently seeking a Dermatology Nurse to join a practice in London. You will work as part of a highly skilled team of clinicians to deliver a high standard of skin cancer screening, advice, and care to patients. The role involves screening patients for skin cancer, with the option of supporting consultants with minor ops. We are looking for a competent and confident nurse who has the ability to identify normal lesions vs those that may be suspicious in patients who request a general mole check-up. Those with experience in mole screening, running nurse led clinics or those with a special interest in dermoscopy are particularly welcomed to apply for the role.
As a Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number, you will be a caring and compassionate professional with at least 3 years post qualifying experience. You will be a first-class communicator, enthusiastic, ambitious, and eager to learn new skills and with an excellent eye for detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
– To take a comprehensive skin history and perform a full skin assessment on each patient including dermoscopy where necessary.
– Educate each patient on how to protect their skin and care for skin diseases and conditions at home.
– Ensure provision of high standards of care for patients.
– Ensure compliance with relevant NICE Guidelines, BDNG Competencies and NMC Code.
– Enhance quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
– Plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient’s needs.
– Ensure compliance with Clinic Policies & Procedures at all times.
– Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
– Work in accordance with the Clinic Plan to assist in meeting the Clinic Objectives.
– Act as patient advocate at all times.
- Nursing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Previous dermatology experience essential alongside experience in skin cancer screening and treatment. Ability to perform other general nursing procedures as carried out in primary care such as cervical screening, ear syringing and phlebotomy desirable, but not essential.
- NMC (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)